MRCM share / 2022-01-20 / Hits(312)
For cemented carbide tools, if the tool is not installed correctly, it is easy to cause tool chipping, workpiece damage, and even damage to the machine tool.
For the cutting tool, if the tool is not installed properly, not perpendicular to the workpiece or the cutting edge is higher than the central axis of the workpiece, it will have a great impact on the tool life and the cutting effect. If the problem is serious, the tool may even fail and break. Therefore, in order to ensure the cutting effect of the tool, users should follow a basic installation principle. CIMES2020 China International Machine Tool Exhibition will set up a special tool pavilion, and a large number of tool manufacturers and tool products will be exhibited.
1. Clean the locking part, install the cutting tool on the hexagonal brick tower, measure the tool deviation with the measuring tool indicator, and ensure that the deviation does not exceed 1mm.
2. Determine whether the tool is installed vertically by checking the generated chips. If the cut waste is filamentous and flows to one side, then there is a problem with the installation of the tool. If the rounded corners of the cut-off knife wear prematurely, then the blade is installed incorrectly and one side of the blade is under more pressure than the other.
3. Due to the fragility of the tool itself, a slight tool collision will cause the tool to deviate. Therefore, after installation, it is necessary to check the cutting conditions of the tool from time to time, which helps to identify and prevent the failure of the tool.
4. When installing the tool, one of the main considerations is the position of the cutting edge and the axis of the workpiece. If the insert is installed incorrectly, it will cause a series of problems, such as rapid tool wear, tool failure, poor cutting effect and so on. These problems will continue to worsen due to the difficulty of ascertaining the actual condition of the cutting edge, which occurs from time to time on some older machines.
Most of the carbide inserts need to be installed at a position slightly higher than the central axis of the workpiece during installation, which is beneficial to ensure that the insert can be safely and reliably installed on the tool holder when welding the chip breaker.
5. If the blade is installed at a position slightly higher than the center, the tangential force during cutting will act on a larger area of the blade. This operation will increase the strength of the tool so that the blade can be firmly fixed in the groove. middle.
6. When the blade is installed below the center line, the most serious consequence is that the blade is pulled out. When the blade contacts the solid bar, the rotation of the workpiece will pull the blade out of the kerf; when the residual burr on the workpiece accumulates on the cutting edge and the workpiece continues to rotate, the blade will be pulled out of the kerf .
When this situation is not detected and prevented in time, the tool holder will be damaged during continued machining, and it may also damage the machine tool and the workpiece at the same time. Even with luck the blade is not pulled out of the holder, a spinning burr on the top of the cutting edge can cause damage to the tool.
7. The combination of the blade and the blade should be designed to allow the waste to be discharged smoothly. If chips build up and get into the grooves before the workpiece is severed, there is a high chance that the insert will cut the chips again. If the scrap rubs heavily against the blade, a lot of heat will be generated, resulting in excessive fatigue and accelerated failure.
For an insert, its geometry and the type of tool holder have an impact on the center height. Generally, for blades with a width greater than 0.5mm, the following formula is useful for determining the maximum center height: center height=0.8mm×width+0.025mm.
8. When carrying out the cutting operation, make sure that the cutting edge is installed at a position slightly higher than the center height. For those who use HSS cutters, their experience is that these props are better below the center height, however as the development of technology has proven, working below the center height will make the cutting operation more difficult.
MRCM is a service provider specializing in the development and production of small special tool grinders and precision tools. The company's main products: CNC tool grinder, drill grinder, milling cutter grinder, thread tapping grinder, turning tool grinder, saw blade grinder, universal knife grinder, universal tool grinder, chamfering machine, pneumatic tapping machine , Electric tapping machine, zero point positioning system, precision vise, rotary table, EDM machine and other precision machinery series.
MRCM have 60 employees and 5 engineers. It has applied for 70 patents and 5 invention patents. It has participated in more than 1,000 professional exhibitions at home and abroad, and currently accounts for about 53% of the global market. It has strategic cooperation with many domestic and foreign enterprises, and 80% of its export products are sold to Europe, America, Japan, etc. developed countries.
“MRCM do NOT have any MOQ requirement. We can send a sample model to you for quality check and test within 72hours. It's ALL FREE ! ”